Meet the Exquisite Quill Authors


Saturday, December 21, 2013

EQ Welcomes Draven St. James



Exquisite Quills Blog Welcomes Draven St. James!

EQ: Welcome to EQ! Tell us a little bit about yourself?

Draven: I'm a northwest native and use that location for most of my books. I'm part of a huge and very supportive family. All of them read my books, although some of them are still shocked by the steamy scenes, which results in a great deal of embarrassing questions! Prior to diving headfirst into the amazing world of publication I worked doing psychological profiling. It's actually helped a lot in forming characters! I love to write and I have a long term relationship with coffee due to this love of writing.

EQ: What made you want to become a writer?

Draven: I've always been a bit of a people watcher. So, at a young age I would concoct stories about where people where going and where they had been. I never really considered doing it beyond having fun until high school when I gave a story to my lit teacher. He told me that not sharing my writing would be a waste. It still took a great many years for me to shore up the courage to submit my stories. A good shove from a dear friend who told me that he had faith that this was something I could excel at. It's amazing what just one person having absolute faith in you can lead you to do.

EQ: Pick out one of the best lines in your novel. What do you love about it?

Draven: "Messy Sex is great sex" a line from Grey's Hidden Fire. I love it for two reasons. The first, I think this statement holds true. A good sex scene shouldn't have both characters perfectly clean and perfect after making love. Passion isn't organized and neat. The second, I think it can be applied to life. My life is far from normal. I'd even call it a little messy, but the chaos of it all make every day a unique experience.

EQ: What are your top three guilty pleasures?

Draven: I know it may not seem like a guilty pleasure, but coffee. I drink it all day long. I look forward to that first sweet, slightly bitter, warm sip in the morning as soon as I open my eyes. Documentories about the bizarre and odd things that occur in the world. Lastly, Facebook. Yes, I spend way too much time reading up on my fellow writers and being happily scandalized by photos that are posted (I post quite a few my own).

EQ: Tell us a little bit about your most recent release.

Draven: My most recent release is Fire and Mistletoe, which is the second book in the Firehouse Six series. It is a continuation of Mica and Grey's story, from Grey's Hidden Fire. I had so many readers wanting more of the firefighters that I couldn't resist writing another book and introducing more unique characters. A brief blurb of Fire and Mistletoe: Mica is finding it difficult to plan a nice holiday with Grey. Why? Grey can't seem to be anything but naughty. Mica may have to change his tactics and he'll succeed no matter how naked he has to get!

Titles by Draven St. James:

Fire and Mistletoe (Release date: December 24th)
Scent of a Wolf
Grey's Hidden Fire

Where to find Draven St. James:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/draven.stjames
Blog: www.dravenstjames.wordpress.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DravenStJames
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/dravenstjames
Email: Dravenstjames@gmail.com

4 comments:

janeleopoldquinn.blogspot.com said...

Hi Draven. Yes, I had one person who just suggested I write a story I had in my mind. All it takes is one person or one instance and you could be set on a path for life. Your firefighters sound hot (pun intended). Thanks for joining us at the EQ Blog!

Rose Anderson said...

I was so busy yesterday I came today. Enjoyed your interview, Draven. I think most writers are people watchers like us. Thanks for joining us!

Kaye Spencer said...

Draven, Like Rose, I'm a day late arrving here. I apologize for that. Your statement, "It's amazing what just one person having absolute faith in you can lead you to do" is powerful. Wayyyyy back ;-) in my high school years, my English and writing teachers told me I should pursue writing with serious intent. All these years later, I often think about their confidence in my writing ability, and it still means a lot to me. Your work as a psychological profiler will help you with character development. I've got a psychology background, and I pull from that training for my characters, especially the villians. :-) Best of luck with your series.

Anonymous said...

I'm running behind on my commentary! Excuse? I was lost in the horrors of holiday travel. Never again.
I had a lot of fun answering the questions and just want to wish everyone a happy holiday and an erotic filled new year!