Meet the Exquisite Quill Authors


Thursday, February 4, 2016

Throwback Thursday!


The internet takes a step back in time every Thursday as people around the world share old baby pictures, vintage prom and wedding photos, and other assorted oldies. Authors can share too! This Thursday meme highlights those books in your backlist. 

In comments, share a tempting snippet from your older works, 300 words or less. Don't forget your buy link and website/blog link. Have fun!

Share your participation on Twitter, Tsu.co, and Facebook with this
ready-to-go tweet. Or make your own! Sharing expands our reach.
 

Discover great authors on Exquisite Quills
http://exquisitequills.blogspot.com/  




1 comment:

Kris Bock said...

Whispers in the Dark is on sale for $.99 – 76% off!

Whispers in the Dark is romantic suspense with archaeology and intrigue among ancient Southwest ruins. Reviewers give it a 4.3 star average: “A great read with a strong plot line & likeable characters!” Get your Kindle copy today, on sale Feb. 1-7! http://bookShow.me/B006M6P6FA

quick excerpt:

I hit something, bounced, scraped, and finally landed with a thud that rattled my whole body.
I lay in the dark, blinded, my head ringing, pain washing over me in great waves. My lungs screamed for air, but it seemed like I’d forgotten how to breathe.
Finally I dragged in a breath. I closed my eyes and focused on breathing, waiting for the world to settle into place.
Rain misted my face, so I must be lying on my back. My head felt heavier than my feet. I shifted and realized I was lying on a slope with my head pointing down.
I tried to concentrate on those little details. I couldn’t handle anything more. Panic fluttered around me, but I refused to think about anything but the present moment. I flexed my fingers. When that worked, I moved my hands over my body, up to my face. My head throbbed, but when I felt around my skull, I didn’t find any serious damage.
I had to move. The thought battered at the back of my mind, a panicky whisper that I tried to ignore. I had to run. Hide. He was after me. I had to get away.