Meet the Exquisite Quill Authors


Saturday, June 28, 2014

Author Interview: Kristina Knight



EQ Welcomes Kristina Knight

EQ: Welcome to EQ! Tell us a little bit about yourself!

Kristina: Hi, everyone! I'm Kristina, a working mom and wife who writes contemporary romance…and probably spends a little too much time lusting after shoes on Pinterest and geeking around on Twitter.

EQ:Tell us a little bit about your most recent release.

Kristina: Light My Fire is the first in a trilogy of stories about Anthem, America's hottest rock band. Lily and Nate are friends (and he's her brother's best friend) who indulge in a little 'with benefits' action…and things get a little out of control from there.

EQ: What has been the most exquisite moment of your life?

Kristina: Getting engaged to RadioMan. It's a goofy story but he took me to a cliff-top restaurant overlooking a lake. Romantic dinner, the whole nine yards. And then, after, we took a walk on the beach…where a swarm of evil flies hit us and would NOT go away. We finally out-ran them and he hands me this velvet rose (this was our third anniversary) and I said, "Oh, this is nice," while thinking he's giving me a fake flower? On our anniversary?!?!? And he's just watching me with this expectant look on his face, so I smile and thank him. And he tells me to open it. Only I can't figure out how to open it (it's dark by now, I don't see the hinges) and after about five minutes he yanks it away from me, opens it and there's a diamond ring inside. And he says, "So are we getting married or what?" I squealed. He was so annoyed but he should've known by then I am a complete dork and totally not coordinated…I, of course, accepted and have spent the past 12 years making my dorkiness up to him.

EQ: What are your top three guilty pleasures?

Kristina: Reality Television (I like them all but talent shows are my favorite), gourmet chocolates from a local place … I have 1 bite and need to run a marathon but that 1 bite is sooooo worth it!, and playing hookey with RadioMan and bebe when deadlines are looming.

EQ: What is the biggest risk you’ve taken in your writing?

Kristina: Responding to an email from an agent; I was published with a small press and hadn't really thought a ton about getting an agent. But I took a chance and I couldn't be more happy with my agent or my career. It's been a great ride!

Find Kristina Knight at these places:
Website: http://www.kristinaknightauthor.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kristinaknightromanceauthor
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/authorkristina
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/authorkristina/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5827833.Kristina_Knight
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+KristinaKnightAuthor/posts

Read these titles by Kristina Knight:
Light My Fire, Start Me Up and Call Me, the Rocker trilogy from Kristina Knight, from Harlequin E
Family by Design, from Harlequin SuperRomance

4 comments:

Jane Leopold Quinn said...

Thanks for being here, Kristina. That proposal sounded like a hoot. Good thing you got past that and got married. And there's certainly nothing wrong with geeking after shoes. I do that with purses.

E. Ayers said...

It sounds like you've been very lucky with your career and finding Mr. Right. Keep on! Wishing you more luck!

Rose Anderson said...

Cute proposal! Thanks for joining us and best luck.

Kristina Knight said...

thanks, Jane and Rose! It was definitely a night to remember!!

E, I have been very lucky, indeed!