Meet the Exquisite Quill Authors


Saturday, October 4, 2014

Photo Interview: Kelley Heckart



EQ: Welcome to EQ! Tell us a little bit about yourself!

Kelley: Thank you for having me at EQ. I am a multi-published author living in Arizona with my husband and dog. When I’m not writing or editing, I enjoy photographing nature outside in my backyard and going to the archery range.

EQ:Tell us a little bit about your most recent release.

Kelley: My most recent release is Daughter of Night, a fantasy romance set in ancient Greece: Two mortals are caught in the midst of the battle between the Titans and Olympian gods.

I am inspired by the beauty of the world around me—by the clouds, the sunsets, the moon, my backyard, the natural stones and items I use to make crosses out of driftwood, my dog, my husband’s music. All of this leads to ideas and motivation for my writing muse.



Pic #1 of Mike playing bass: My husband inspires me with his music and his willingness to support what I love to do. I like to listen to him play while I am writing.

Pic #2 of Loki: My dog inspires me to let go and live in the moment and to take breaks from writing throughout the day to recharge. He shows me that play is a good way to relax and refocus.



Pic #3 of Moon: The moon has a spellbinding effect on me and is a regular feature in my stories with otherworldly creatures and magic.





Pic #4 of one of my Crosses (Carnelian Moon Cross): Working on my crosses helps to stimulate my creativity. I find inspiration in the natural materials I work with.



Pic #5 of my Backyard: My backyard is full of inspiration—filled with nature’s beauty and alive with animals that entertain me. I just happened to capture this special moment of these two hummingbirds together. It looks like the male is courting the female.

Find Kelley Heckart at:

 

4 comments:

Kelley Heckart said...

Thanks for having me at EQ today. This was a fun interview to do since I have recently started taking pictures again after a long break.

Jane Leopold Quinn said...

Kelley, this was a fun interview to read. It sounds like you have your priorities straight, thanks to your hubby and Loki. I like to go to the dog beach at Lake Michigan and watch those dogs just let loose with fun.

Kelley Heckart said...

Hi Jane, Dogs can teach us a lot about living in the moment, something I need to be reminded of all the time. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

E. Ayers said...

Fun interview! Thanks, Kelley.